National Library of Australia. Search the catalogue for collection items held by the National Library of Australia.
Smith, Gary Scott. Faith and the presidency : from George Washington to George W.
Environmental Pollution and Control, Fourth Edition
Drawing on extensive archival research, Smith paints compelling portraits of the religious lives and presidencies of eleven chief executives for whom religion was particularly important. Faith and the Presidency examines what each of its subjects believed and how those beliefs shaped their presidencies and, in turn, the course of our history. Request this item to view in the Library's reading rooms using your library card. To learn more about how to request items watch this short online video.
Faith and the Presidency: From George Washington to George W. Bush
You can view this on the NLA website. Login Register. Advanced search Search history.
- New Directions in Colour Studies.
- Get in Touch.
- Site Information Navigation.
- The Power of Many. Building Sustainable Collective Leadership in Schools!
- Values and Weapons: From Humanitarian Intervention to Regime Change??
- About Gary S. Smith;
- ARMY Combined-Arms Breaching Operations.
Browse titles authors subjects uniform titles series callnumbers dewey numbers starting from optional. See what's been added to the collection in the current 1 2 3 4 5 6 weeks months years. Don't have an account? All Rights Reserved.
OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online.
- George W. Bush - Age, Presidency & Wife - HISTORY.
- Polis and imperium: studies in honour of Edward Togo Salmon!
- Trader Vics Book of Food and Drink;
Sign in. Not registered?
- Ebook Faith And The Presidency From George Washington To George W. Bush?
- About the Author?
- Ebook Faith And The Presidency From George Washington To George W. Bush!
- Navigation menu.
- Exploring Brain Functional Anatomy with Positron Tomography - Symposium No. 163;
- Bitcoin For Dummies?
Sign up. Publications Pages Publications Pages.
Faith and the Presidency: From George Washington to George W. Bush - Oxford Scholarship
Search my Subject Specializations: Select Amid the secular pomp that heralds the start of a presidency are prayer services, an invocation and benediction, and a traditional if extraconstitutional mention of God in the presidential oath of office. As the country prepares for the inauguration of its 45th president, Donald Trump, here are six facts about faith and Inauguration Day events:. The pre-inaugural morning service is a tradition of sorts for St. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Ronald Reagan, George H. Bush, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
The church, founded in , claims that every sitting president since James Madison who served from to as the fourth president has attended a service there. The three who will give the benediction are the Rev. Aside from Dolan and Hier, who are Catholic and Jewish, respectively, the group is comprised of evangelical Protestant leaders. Martin Luther King Jr.